Understanding and teaching equality and human rights
On 2 November 2011 we held a live online training session to develop knowledge of equality and human rights and provide insight to effective teaching techniques that can be used to deliver the topics in an engaging way. The training was delivered by equality, human rights and education experts.
Watch the video
You can now watch a video of the training session online.
The training session:
- presented experts explaining what equality and human rights are, how they have developed over the years, and the current laws that are relevant to young people and teachers
- demonstrated effective teaching techniques that can be used to deliver the topics
- explained how to use the Equal Rights, Equal Respect resources
- responded to questions posted by viewers
- provided an opportunity for you to gain a certificate that you can use as evidence for your PGCE or CPD.
Panel of experts and speakers:
- Equality and human rights expert - Karon Monaghan QC, senior barrister who practices in discrimination and equality at Matrix Chambers
- Education expert - Gary Toward, Headteacher, South Wigston High School (judged Outstanding by Ofsted)
- Human Rights Education Expert - Isobel Mitchell - Head of Education and Student team at Amnesty International UK. 14 years experience of engaging young people and teachers in human rights issues.