We are committed to creating a supportive environment in which businesses can flourish. Late payment is an important issue for business, especially smaller businesses, as it can affect their cash flow and put at risk their ability to trade. We recognise that the public sector should set an example by paying promptly.
About our payment reporting
- we have one scheduled payment run per week
- we will publish the percentage of their invoices paid within 5 days and 30 days, on a quarterly basis
- we will publish all interest liable, under the late payment legislation, on a quarterly basis
Prompt payment report: April 2021 to March 2022
|Period||Percentage of invoices paid within 30 days||Percentage of invoices paid within 5 days||Date paid v date input: monthly average days|
|April to June 2021||100%||97.7%||2|
|July to September 2021||100%||95.5%||2.2|
|October to December 2021||99.2%||84.2%||3.5%|
|January to March 2022|
Swipe right >
"Date paid" is the date we made the payment, whether by cheque, Bacs or CHAPS.
"Date input" is the date a valid invoice was received and then processed, by our finance team, into our accounting system, usually within 24 hours of each other.
Government guidance on managing public money (section 4.6, procurement) says that public sector organisations are bound by the late payment of commercial debts act 1988 (amended by the late payment of commercial debt regulations 2002, SI 1674): "payment is regarded as late if made outside of the agreed terms, or 30 days after receipt of a valid invoice where no terms are agreed".
We define an "undisputed invoice" as a supplier invoice that quotes a valid purchase order (PO) number, the goods have been received and receipted, and the invoice has been physically received by the finance team.
Past reports: 2015 to 2020
- prompt payment report: April 2020 to March 2021
- prompt payment report: April 2019 to March 2020
- prompt payment report: April 2018 to March 2019
- prompt payment report: April 2017 to March 2018 (Excel file)
- prompt payment report: April 2016 to March 2017 (Excel file)
- prompt payment report: April 2015 to March 2016 (Excel file)
Last updated: 03 Mar 2022