Wales Committee Annual Review 2016-2017
During 2016/17, we have aimed to build the effectiveness of our organisation, using our range of powers in a way that improves the lives of people in Wales. Our work includes the Wales Committee work programme and taking forward the Commission's Britain-wide work in Wales.
This report sets out our key achievements in Wales over the last year. These highlights are presented under the priorities identified in the Wales work programme. These were to:
- Provide advice to Welsh Government and the National Assembly, and to inform the Future Generations agenda in Wales
- Improve workplaces by working with employers and by encouraging effective equality and human rights workplace practice
- Inform decision and policy-making across the public sector in Wales by providing a strong evidence base
- Improve public service delivery and facilitate the sharing of effective equality and human rights practice in the Welsh public sector
- Promote and protect human rights in Wales, in our role as a National Human Rights Institution
- Increase access to equality and human rights legal advice and redress in Wales
Find out more about our work in 2016 to 2017 by reading the full report.
- 2015 to 2016: Towards a Fairer Wales
- 2014 to 2015: Shaping the future of equality and human rights
- 2013 to 2014: Protecting and promoting equality and human rights in Wales
- 2012 to 2013: Working together to strengthen equality and human rights in Wales
- 2011 to 2012: Securing a strong equality and human rights agenda
Last updated: 23 Jan 2019