In this section you can find details of the Commission's research projects and reading lists on key issues.
As a regulator, the Commission bases its decisions on a robust evidence base. We commission qualitative and quantitative research to support projects in our strategic priorities. The research subjects cover our equality, human rights and good relations mandates, and our seven equality strands. Information about our research projects and published findings appear across the site on issue-specific pages.
We welcome specialist internal and external research enquiries on equality issues. If you have any such enquiries, any queries about ongoing Commission research projects or would like to request any hard copies of our research publications, please email our research team.
Please note that we cannot:
We are responsible for running the Commission's research database. This is a database of researchers, academics, and policy contacts in the UK and in other countries with an interest in equality issues and currently contains more than 1,800 members. It is used to:
- maintain an up-to-date list of contacts
- store information about individuals' ongoing and recently published research
- answer internal and external research inquiries
- send out quarterly newsletters electronically to all database members. These newsletters publicise the Commission's ongoing research projects and provide summaries of our latest research publications
We welcome new entrants to the research database. If you would like to join, please email our research team for further information about the database and to receive our most recent newsletter.
Religion or Belief Network
In early 2010, we established a Religion or Belief Network for those interested in research on religion or belief issues from an equalities or human rights perspective. The network currently has 1000 members and aims to:
- promote links and partnerships with people and organisations interested in undertaking research on religion or belief issues
- facilitate dissemination of information
- organise research focused meetings and conferences
- facilitate research collaboration
- investigate funding for new research
- provide a platform for debate and discussion on critical issues in order to influence policy and change
We welcome new entrants to the Religion or Belief Network. If you would like to join to receive future bulletins, please email our research team for further information.
Last updated: 05 Oct 2018