We carried out an inquiry to assess the treatment and experiences of lower-paid ethnic minority workers in health and social care, particularly during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- incomplete data on lower-paid ethnic minority workers, particularly in adult social care
- different treatment and experiences at work
- commissioning and outsourcing leading to poor pay and insecure work
- low awareness of employment rights
- fear of raising concerns and a lack of mechanisms to do so
We have published a report about our findings, including our recommendations for change.
We have also produced additional briefings for policymakers which go into further detail on what we want to see specifically in England, Scotland and Wales.