This toolkit is for local authority elected members in Wales, particularly those involved in housing and planning.
It aims to support them to:
- consider housing for disabled people in their strategies and plans
- involve disabled people in a meaningful way
- share best practice
- help with scrutiny of local authority housing policies and practices
- your equality duties and housing
- what 'good' looks like: policy development
- what 'good' looks like in practice
It can be used by:
- cabinet members
- scrutiny members
- members in their front-line role: managing casework or engaging with the community
We have produced a separate toolkit for disabled people and organisations that support disabled people.