Download as PDF Download as Word Download executive summary (PDF) Download executive summary in Welsh (PDF)
This report looks at the state of women's rights in Great Britain in 2018.
It assesses the progress on women's rights since 2013 and makes recommendations to the UK and Welsh governments, in areas including:
- enhancing the status of international human rights in domestic law
- gender-based violence, harassment and abuse
- participation in political and civic life
- access to civil justice
- human trafficking and modern slavery
- detention and asylum
- health, living standards and social security
- work and education
The report has been submitted to the United Nations as part of our work on monitoring the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women (CEDAW), the international human rights treaty that focuses specifically on equality between women and men in all areas of life.