Under equality law, employers must take reasonable steps to prevent sexual harassment of workers by their colleagues.
This short guide for employers offers a legal explanation and seven steps to preventing sexual harassment, including:
- developing an effective anti-harassment policy
- assessing and minimising risk
- engaging and training staff
- what to do when a harassment complaint is made
- dealing with third parties
These steps are taken from our guidance on sexual harassment and harassment at work which offers more information on how the law works and detailed guidance on the steps that employers should take to prevent and respond to harassment at work.