Who we are and how to contact us
www.equalityhumanrights.com is a site operated by the Commission for Equality and Human Rights (known as the Equality and Human Rights Commission (”we”).
Visit the contact us page for details of how to get in touch with us.
Terms of website use
These terms tell you the rules for using our website www.equalityhumanrights.com. By using our site, you confirm that you accept these terms and agree to comply with them. If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use our site.
We are Great Britain’s national equality body so our site is directed to people living in Great Britain (England, Scotland and Wales).
Content available on (or through) our site may not be available or appropriate for use in other locations.
You should check local laws and make sure you don’t use out site in a way that breaches any applicable laws.
Our site is made available free of charge but we:
- may update, change or remove content at any time without letting you know first
- do not guarantee that our site, or content, will always be available or be uninterrupted
- may have to suspend, withdraw or restrict availability – we’ll always try to give you reasonable notice where we can
- may change these terms – please check from time to time to see if any changes have been made.
You agree to:
- use our site for lawful purposes
- use our site in a way that does not infringe the rights of, or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of, this site by anyone else
- make sure that anyone accessing the site through your internet are aware of and comply with these rules too.
Please also check the following which also apply to your use of our site:
Re-use of our information
Most content on our site is owned by us. If any content is owned by others, we’ll usually credit the author or copyright holder.
We encourage the re-use of our information but please:
- don’t change the content in anyway
- make it clear who the author/owner is
- if you’re using the information for anything other than personal use, contact us to check it’s ok (see below).
Websites and applications that use our content in their feeds are not ours and they might use versions of our content that have been edited and stored for later use (‘cached’). Please make sure you go to our website directly for the most up to date content.
If you want to use our content for your own personal use, you don’t need to let us know how you are re-using it.
However, if you want to use our information in any other way, please contact us by completing the application form (65KB, Word document) and returning it to us by emailing our correspondence team.
Applications can also be made in writing to:
Equality and Human Rights Commission
The Arndale Centre
We will try to respond to your request within 20 working days. If you have a complaint about how your application was handled or want a review of our decision, please write to the above address or send an email to our correspondence team.
Links to other websites
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources, these links are provided for your information only.
Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information on them.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources and we are not responsible for:
- the protection of any information you give to these websites
- any loss or damage that may come from your use of these websites, or any other websites they link to.
Links to our site
We welcome and encourage other websites linking to our site.
However, we would ask that you don’t:
- say or imply that we have endorsed or are associated with you (unless we’ve told you that you can)
- charge users to access the content or click on the link
- frame our site on your site
- link our website to a site that is contrary to our values and aims.
We may remove content and links so it is important that you always check to ensure that they are still up to date and working.
If you wish to make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please complete the general enquiries form.
Viruses, hacking and other offences
We make every effort to check and test material at all stages of production however we do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will:
- always be available or be uninterrupted
- be free from errors or omissions, or
- be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
When using our site, you:
- are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access it
- should use your own virus protection software
- must not introduce viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful
- must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site
- must not attack our site (including via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack).
If you attack our site or attempt to gain unauthorised access, we will report you to the relevant law enforcement authorities and share your identity with them.
Our site is intended to give you general information about our work and guidance about equality and human rights issues.
Before acting on the information, you should get professional legal or specialist advice, tailored to your individual circumstances.
While we make every effort to keep our website up to date, we do not guarantee, warrant or condition that the website or the information on it will be:
- up to date
- free from bugs or viruses.
Limitation of liability
We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage that may come from using (or not being able to use) our website or reliance on the content. This includes:
- any direct, indirect or consequential losses
- any loss or damage caused by civil wrongs (‘tort’, including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise
- the use of our website and any websites that are linked to or from it
- the inability to use our website and any websites that are linked to or from it.
This includes (but is not limited to) the loss of your:
- income or revenue
- salary, benefits or other payments
- profits or contracts
- anticipated savings
- goodwill or reputation
- tangible property
- intangible property, including loss, corruption or damage to data or any computer system
- wasted management or office time
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our site or any content on it.
We may still be liable for:
- death or personal injury arising from our negligence
- fraudulent misrepresentation
- any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
Any dispute you have which relates to these terms and conditions, or your use of our website (whether it be contractual or non-contractual), will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Last updated: 09 Jun 2021